Monday, April 15, 2013

Healthy Pancakes??? Say What!

Tis true. I am a breakfast food fanatic so when I decided to start my "Healthy Living" journey I knew that the hardest thing to let go of would be pancakes. But that is NOT the case anymore. Check it out :)

If you're willing to get out of the normal on your thoughts of pancakes, I have come up with a recipe to make myself oatmeal pancakes nearly every day. They are super filling and satisfying and have a good chunk of protein as well. 
To make them you will need:

  • one banana (any size but weigh or measure it or whatever for accurate calorie count. About 90-110 calorie ones are the best) and mash it up as much as possible. 
  • Then add 1/3 cup egg whites or normal egg beaters (you can just do 2 eggs for more calories/fat)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • Then whatever else you want. Also, usually about a tablespoon of cinnamon to keep them from being bland. Most of the time I do 2 tablespoons of PB2 (Powdered Peanut Butter) and 50 grams (about 1/3 of a cup) of blueberries. I then stir it up and cook them like pancakes (though they do take a few extra minutes). 
They come out to 360ish calories with 63 carbs, 5 grams of fat, 21 grams of protein, and >250 mg of sodium. 

I stay full for hours afterwards and they taste great!

No comments:

Post a Comment